The Modern Lazy Woman. She resides within us all. Even the rare superwoman concealed in the guise of wife, mother, professional, volunteer, and/or student has a lazy woman residing within her. And that’s okay. Women wear many, many hats. The lazy woman hat is the easiest and most comfortable to wear, and it looks good on you, honey!!
Lazy Woman’s Guide to Survival
This first installment of Lazy Woman’s Guide to Survival is for all of us:
- Single Ladies
- Young Adults
- Older Adults
- (Insert label for females here)
Obviously, ordering pizza would be the easiest, fastest, most convenient option, but if you’re still opting for nutrition over convenience and convenience over slaving in the kitchen, this option is for you. D.I.Y. pizzas are also a hit with children as it gives them creative control over their meal while remaining healthy with dairy products, vegetables, fruits, and meats.
What you’ll need:
Store bought, prepackaged pizza crust, canned pizza sauce or marinara sauce, pizza cheese blend or cheese of your choice (feta, blue cheese, Parmesan cheese, etc.), vegetables (green peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, etc.), fruits (pineapples, strawberries, blueberries, etc.), and meats (packaged cooked grilled chicken, packaged cooked bacon pieces, packaged diced ham, packaged pepperoni, etc.). Notice how everything is prepackaged? The fruits and vegetables can also be found pre-sliced as well. Yes!
- Prep vegetables, fruits, and meats by rinsing and cutting, if necessary. Place on table if allowing others to make their own pizzas.
- Preheat oven to temperature on prepackaged pizza crust.
- Brush a thin layer of oil on the pizza crust.
- Spread 2-3 spoonfuls of pizza sauce on pizza crust, adding more or less to your liking.
- Spread on a thin layer of pizza blend cheese.
- Apply vegetables, fruits, meats, cheeses, etc.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top.
- Place in oven until pizza crust is golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes.
Personally, when I do D.I.Y. nights, disposable plates, utensils, and aluminum foil are used to avoid dish duty. Every person in the house has created a unique meal to their liking and I’ve completely avoided the need to prepare a meal that everyone will like as well as the heaping mound of dishes afterwards. If you are feeding little ones, give a brief explanation and taste test for the children beforehand, allowing them to experiment with new tastes and foods. This is a great time to introduce new foods to picky eaters!
Oh, I recommend grilled chicken with green peppers, onions, mushrooms, bacon, and feta cheese….beats Papa John’s any day! Enjoy!!